Grainfather G30 (220V)
The Grainfather G30 220V is the original all-in-one electric home brewing system and two-time winner of Craft Beer & Brewing Top Brew Gear 2019 & 2020.
Compact and simple to use, with a small footprint for brewing indoors the Grainfather G30 220V provides a home brewery system that with superior design, innovative features and the latest technology, allows you to brew professional quality craft beer at home.
The Grainfather, is your all-in-one brewing system, to make beer from grain. The sleek look, user-friendly, intuitive design, and innovative features, make this your perfect brewing companion for both experienced and beginner all grain brewers. It is made from high-quality 304-grade stainless steel with an 8 US Gal capacity, designed to make up to 6 US Gal of beer from one brew. The Grainfather Connect includes The Grainfather unit and Counter Flow Wort Chiller.
Please note: This version of the Grainfather G30 runs on 220V of electricity, which requires a NEMA 6-15R or 6-20R outlet. Please see our plug guide below to help your customers understand that this unit cannot be used on a US-standard 120v outlet. The Grainfather G30 110v does come in 110v format
The Grainfather is electrically powered and designed to be used indoors. No need for burners, or hot plates, just plug in and go! It is fitted with a controlled heating element so that the correct power can be used depending on what stage of the brewing process you are at. A gentler heat is used at certain stages for accurate temperature control and to minimize the risk of scorching and after the mash, it can also ramp up the heat quickly for when more vigorous heating is required. Heating from mash to boil takes as little as 20 minutes.
- Control Box for Heat & Power Control
Use the Connect Control Box in conjunction with the Connect App and Grainfather Brewing Community for the ultimate brewing experience. Create your recipes on the Grainfather Brewing Community and then sync these recipes with the Connect app. The control box has a Bluetooth connection to your mobile device so it can be controlled remotely. This allows you to multitask or simply relax while brewing and then be alerted when to return to your next step.
- PID algorithm works in conjunction with a triac for more stable heating and so you can control power output
- Programmable step mashing
- Delayed heating - fill your Grainfather with water the night before and wake up to your water at strike temperature ready for brewing straight away
- Change between Celsius and Fahrenheit easily
- Waterproof graphic display
- Use in manual mode or with app
- Grainfather Connect App for Automation
- Grainfather Grain Kit recipes provided in the app
- Ability to import recipes (Beer XML files) - NOTE: iOS9 and higher
- Set your own boil temperature (for different altitudes)
- Change between Celsius and Fahrenheit easily
- Grainfather calculators provided in-app
- Create recipes on the Grainfather Brewing Community and then sync these with the Connect App to brew
NOTE: Required Specifications for the App are:
- Hardware: iPhone 4S or higher
- Software: iOS8 or higher. Must have Bluetooth 4.0 or higher
- Hardware: Android 4.3 (API Level 18) or higher
- Software: Must have Bluetooth Low Energy (LE)/Bluetooth Smart
A 6 Watt, 1,800 RPM magnetic powered pump has been fitted to recirculate the wort through the grain bed for maximum brewing efficiencies. This is also used during the cooling stage to pump hot wort through the wort chiller. The pump also makes the cleaning process quick and easy by pumping the cleaning detergent through all the pipework. The magnetic drive pump has been selected after rigorous testing of multiple pump styles to ensure it meets the tough demands required of continuous brewing. The pump is concealed by a stainless pump cover, which is easy to pop open, giving you direct access. A pump filter is fitted inside the Grainfather to prevent hops and stray grain from entering the pump or pipework, keeping the wort clear while also preventing any blockages.
- Grain Basket
A stainless steel expandable grain basket allows you to brew with anything from 9.9 lb - 20 lb of grain. The fitted perforated plates and telescopic pipework allow you to easily adjust the size of the grain basket to suit the size of the grain bill. Fit the Micro Pipework (sold separately) for grain bills below 2.6 US Gal. When ready for sparging, a basket lifting handle is then inserted into the grain basket to lift it up, out of the wort. A 45-degree turn then allows the grain basket’s feet to rest on the specially designed support ring to allow the grain basket to drain while you can batch sparge over the top. A Sparge Water Heater can be purchased additionally to heat your water to the specific temperature required.
- Counter Flow Wort Chiller
A counterflow wort chiller has two connection points. One side is connected to the Grainfather, while the other is connected to the cold tap water. The hot wort is then pumped through the copper inner coil while the cold water is pumped through the outer in the opposite direction, providing instant cooling and heat exchange. The cooled wort can then be pumped directly into your clean, sterile fermenter. This reduces the chance of contamination as nothing is inserted in the wort, and it is only passing through the wort chiller one single time, going straight to the sterile fermenter where the yeast is added. 6 US Gal of wort can be cooled in as little as 20 minutes. The cooled wort temperature will be cooled to approximately 41°F above whatever your tap water temperature is.
The Grainfather is fully supported around the world by a fantastic support team who love brewing just as much as you do. Our support team is here for any technical inquiries on brewing or how the Grainfather works, as well as general customer service inquiries. All Grainfathers come with a 24-month warranty. Grainfathers purchased directly from the Grainfather website also come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. This means if you are not fully satisfied with the Grainfather you are welcome to return it within 30 days for a full refund.
PLEASE NOTE: All Grainfathers contain a yellow packaging strip in the boiler. This should be discarded before you begin brewing.
- 304 Grade stainless steel body
- 8 US Gal Capacity
- Expandable grain basket to suit grain bills up to 20 lb
- A robust magnetic drive pump (6 watt, 1800 RPM)
- Counterflow wort chiller which can cool the wort to less than 68°F within approx 20-30 minutes.
- Tempered glass lid for maximum durability, heating efficiencies and visibility during your brew day.
- Clips to easily convert your Grainfather into a home distillery with the Pot Still Attachments.
*Last updated: Feb 2021
Grainfather G30 Instructional Videos: